Reiki (pronounced ray-key) is a Japanese word meaning "Universal Life Force Energy", that vital force that permeates all life. Reiki, also referred to as the Usui System of Reiki Healing, is a vibrational energy technique that balances, harmonizes and restores our energy systems by using non-polarized energy through the energy centres in the palms of the hands. The hands are placed gently and passively in different positions over the body, generally beginning at the head. Physiologically an hour's treatment is equivalent to 3 to 4 hours sleep. This factor alone makes Reiki a very effective stress reliever.
Reiki reached the Western world in the mid 1970s. It is an holistic therapy that addresses body, mind, emotions and spirit, going beyond symptoms to treat the root cause of the disease. It helps us maintain balance in our health. You can experience energy in your body during treatment, usually as a sensation of warmth, or cold or a tingling. Reiki cannot possibly harm anyone as it adjusts naturally to the individual's needs. It can be used at any time, any place and in any situation. Reiki is simple, safe and non-intrusive, as no aids, diagnoses or medicines are required. In a Reiki session the client lies fully clothed on a treatment table. The treatment lasts for approximately 80 minutes. The client will take in only the amount of energy that the body dynamic requires.
THE BENEFITS OF REIKI
- Both deeply relaxing and at the same time energizing to the whole body on every level
- Boosts your immune system
- Eases pain and discomfort of acute and chronic causes
- Relieves headaches, flu, fatigue and other discomforts of day to day living
- Reduces blood pressure
- Increases the therapeutic effect of both conventional and complementary medicine
- Promotes recovery from surgery and injury
- Reduces stress and tension and promotes relaxation, enabling you to enjoy life more
- Increases confidence and self esteem
- Helps overcome fear, anxiety and bereavement
- Powerful tool for personal growth and improving the quality of life
And this is to name but a few.